Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Nana Claire


My surrogate Nana passed away. She was hooked up to oxygen tanks the last time I saw her, but she was still cracking jokes and seemed to be okay. She was so full of life and an amazing person. I mean she was definitely the best adopted grandma a kid could ask for- and she took on five extra kids. We don't have any grandparents that live in Georgia, so she took that role and had us call her Nana Claire. My mom met her because she was the mother of her best friend in college. She acted like a mother and then a friend to my own mother and she came to every major event in all of our lives. I'm really going to miss her big hugs and kisses with her signature line, "Oh you look so beautiful, darling!" in her rich voice. She was amazing and she lived a great life. That's about all you can hope for at the end of your life, to be loved, missed, and to have made a difference. I love you Nana!

To Mommy, Aunt Susie, and the Gilberts, I hope you know you're all in my thoughts and I love you very much as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment